The Regional Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) provides overall leadership for advancement of the Company’s HSE Program with the ultimate objective of an incident-free workplace. The person is responsible to drive and promote zero incident HSE culture throughout the Company and providing leadership to drive continuous improvement in HSE performance while assuring comprehensive operational compliance. Apart from that he / she is accountable for interacting with site and executive-level management to educate management team in corporate HSE processes and their implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and act as interface between client HSE programs and 2GT Group procedures and technical standards
- Act as initial point of contact between field based HSSE teams and operations management
- Administer the process for the development of subcontractor HSSE key performance indicators and criteria for coordination between local offices and regional operations management
- Actively participate in Activity Hazard Analysis, Method Statement reviews, engineering design studies, training program development, and personal protective equipment selection
- Support project management in oversight of subcontractor method statement preparation and training & competency determination including the processes used for appraisal of technical adequacy, appropriateness and closure of non-conformance corrective actions
- Incorporate 2GT HSSE Book Assurance elements into project-specific procedures, ensure consistency with client requirements and prequalification support
- Represent and speak for project HSSE to concerned parties, client representatives, and stakeholders (e.g. presenting, explaining, selling, defending, and negotiating)
- Facilitate project management use of lessons learned generated from wide incidents and near misses and corrective actions generated from monthly subcontractor HSSE reviews
- Manage incident and near miss investigation program and advertisement and improvement to programs
- Support projects and client management in continuous interactions with ultimate customer and participate in routine HSSE interface activities
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety or a related field. Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years' progressively more challenging safety management assignments (heavy industry and manufacturing experience preferred).
- Familiarity with best practices in loss prevention, post-injury response, and claims management.
- Subject matter expert in applicable HSE standards. Professional certification from recognized body such as NIOSH is preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, from plant workers to corporate executives.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated prior leadership responsibilities and problem solving skills with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction or oversight
- Malaysian national prefered. Please include a recent photo, expected salary, last drawn salary, availability/notice period and reason for leaving past employment(s) in your CV. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.